Most people roller skate only a few times a year, for family entertainment, birthday parties or a night out with friends. But did you know roller skating regularly has long term benefits? Check out these facts!
- It’s an aerobic workout (with less stress on joints)! Tired of running or lifting weights during your regular workout routine? When going over 10 mph, roller skating is a great alternative for an aerobic workout! Especially for those who have joint problems.
- It builds strength! The forward motion during skating helps exercise your rear, hip, thigh, pelvic and calf muscles, creating better strength in your lower body! Due to standing upright, it also strengthens your abs and back muscles.
- It keeps off the pounds! The combination of muscle tone and aerobic activity is the perfect recipe for losing weight. Hint: Roller skating up to 25 minutes three times a week can burn up to 750 calories!
- It has long term benefits! Overall, you’ll develop higher endurance, and great balance/coordination and flexibility; all elements that will keep you in great health as you age.
- It’s fun for everyone! Not only is it good for you; it’s fun! Roller skating is fit for all ages, so whether it’s a family fun outing, night out with the girls or a kid’s birthday party, you’re guaranteed a great time.