Camps are more than an alternative to babysitters and leaving them at home with snacks and Netflix. They are a great place for kids to learn a life long set of skills -and friends! Here are a few more examples of the benefits of summer camps:
- Make friends – Kids make some of their best friends at camp! It’s a great opportunity for them to meet people outside of their normal social group.
- No technology– Skating doesn’t require an app. It’s amazing what happens when cell phones, TVs and the internet aren’t around. Kids socialize more, rediscover their creativity and most of all engage with the real world.
- Learn and polish their social skills – Camps are a close-knit community where kids must learn to cooperate with and respect each other. It’s a great place to learn the importance of communication. We encourage healthy communication and conflict resolution when they’re with us.
- Become more confident – Camps help build self-confidence by removing the everyday pressures they normally face creating a more open environment and gives them the courage to try something new. You’ll never know how fast you can skate until you keep trying.
- Learn to be independent–By not being around everyday influencers such as parents or teachers, kids get the opportunity to practice making decisions for themselves in a safe, positive environment.
- Allows time for them to just play –While parents, educators and other youth influencers do their best to make sure kids get enough play time, camps allow them to enjoy a full day to relax, be silly and laugh all day, not just a few hours at a time. We have a full agenda of activites to keep them smiling and active.
- Develop life-long skills – Skating isn’t just for kids! As they grow older kids can do more than just skate at the rink. They can take up speed skating, roller derby, try out the roller blades and get involves in roller hockey and more