With the easy access and quick convenience of Facebook events, it’s rare that you receive a handwritten invitation in the mail these days. But admit it; when you do receive one, it makes you feel special! It may take a little extra effort, but there are plenty of advantages to mailed invitations.
Why mailed invitations?
- It makes your guest feel special! Knowing that someone took the time to create you a specialized invitation will get your guests excited about the event.
- It builds the theme. Every party needs a great theme, and a colorful and creative invitation will help build your overall party image.
- You can save it as a keepsake! A great invitation will be a great keepsake for your child’s birthday that you can share with them later.
What should I include on my invitation?
- Who: Who is the party in honor of?
- What: What are we celebrating?
- Where: Where is the party being celebrated? For roller rinks, most times it’s enough to just include the venue name. However feel free to add in the actual street address as well!
- When: What time does the party begin? How long do you expect the party to last
- Why: Why should you attend this event!
*Feel free to also include other information, including if the guests need to bring anything specific, an RSVP date, and telephone/email information for the RSVP.
When do I send out my invitation?
Make sure to send out your invitation a few weeks in advance, so your guests have plenty of time to RSVP. This will help you with the rest of your party planning activities, as you can gauge how many supplies will be necessary to reserve.
Where can I find templates?
- Zazzle: This is a great website with tons of options for roller skating templates! They also have a wide variety of sizes to choose from.
- Canva: If you’re feeling extra artsy, you can create your own customizable invitations with Canva! The site is self-intuitive and easy even for those who aren’t art savvy.
- Evite: This source is super convenient. You pick your template, and the website provides boxes where you can easily fill in your information, and it will create the card for you. Can’t get any easier than that!
Birthday Parties at Skatetown
While you can create your own invitations, Skatetown can take care of the rest! Check out our wide variety of party add-ons for our party packages. Skatetown is more than happy to do anything to make your party feel special! You can book your party here or call 409-422-4410!