Have your kids turned into TV zombies this holiday season? Once school lets out, it’s easy to slip into couch potato mode. After all, winter break is cold, windy, and rainy. But there’s a fun way for your kids to stay active and have fun! Dust off those healthy lifestyle New Year’s resolutions and head to Skatetown in Vidor, TX.
5 Most Popular New Year’s Resolutions
According to Nielson (who as you know is all about stats), America’s top 10 New Year’s resolutions include staying fit and healthy, losing weight, living life to the fullest, spending less and saving more, and spending more time with family and friends. It should come as no surprise that roller-skating helps you achieve those goals!
- Stay fit and healthy. Roller-skating is a great aerobic exercise. Not only does it work your legs, glutes, obliques, and abs, it’s also proven to improve heart health.
- Lose weight. If your fitness is fun, you’re more likely to stick with it. This can help families achieve weight loss goals in the New Year. Did you know that just 10 minutes of roller-skating can burn 95 calories in a 175lb person? Let’s get rolling!
- Enjoy life to the fullest. When you’re having fun, you’re loving life. But that’s not the only way roller-skating improves quality of life. Studies show that regular physical activity increases brain power, reduces health risks, and even improves your mood.
- Spend less, save more. Roller-skating is an inexpensive way for the family to play. Check out our weekend skating sessions, where you can skate 4 hours for just $6. Even better? $2 Tuesday gives you 2 hours of skating for just $2 admission.
- Spend more time with family and friends. Everybody loves to roller-skate! Spend quality time with the people you love at Skatetown TX.
Let’s get this New Year started! Visit Skatetown TX for family fun and fitness in 2017.